1) The nation pays homage to Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi on his 147th birth anniversary on 02nd October, 2016 and also called International Day for Non-voilence.The nation also remembers the former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 112th birth anniversary.
2) Rani ki Vav at Patan, the Unesco archaeological World Heritage Site in Gujarat has been recognized as the cleanest heritage site in the country. The heritage site was among 11 institutions and organisations felicitated by Prime Minister NarendraModi.Apart from the heritage site, Surat railway station was awarded as the cleanest railway station in the country.
Gujrat CM: Vijay Rupani
Gujrat Governor: Om Prakash Kohli
4) Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu lagged off an all-women Mt Gorichen expedition in Itanagar.
This will be the first all women team attempting to summit the second highest peak of the state, which is considered as a technical peak and only seasoned climbers can make it to the top (6,488 m).
Arunachal Pradesh Capital: Itanagar
Arunachal Pradesh Governor: V Shanmuganathan
5) At a time when the Swachh Bharat Mission is in full swing, the Union Ministry of Tourism has conferred the Cleanest Tourist Destination on the Sikkim capital (Gangtok).
Chandigarh and Mysore were felicitated for 'Clean Cities in million plus population category' and Gangtok for 'Cleanest Tourism Destination'.
6) PM Narendra Modi inaugurated India Sanitation Conference(INDOSAN) in New Delhi.
7) The Centre has constituted a four-member Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) under the Chairmanship of M.S. Sahoo. Sahoo, who was till recently Competition Commission of India (CCI) Member, assumed charge as Chairman of IBBI.
8) Prineet Grewal, 29 from Pune has been crowned winner of beauty pageant Mrs India Earth 2016.The first and second runners up were Paris Keswani and Roshini Hassan respectively.The beauty pageant follows a motto of ‘Beauty with Cause’.
9) Murga' wins first prize at Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival.Young filmmaker KatyayanShivpuri from Maharashtra has won the first prize at the Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival.
10) HCL Technologies announced it has entered into a 15-year partnership deal with IBM for automation, development and operations solutions. Automation and DevOps software is crucial to the success of the two companies 'enterprises.
11) Union Minister of Rural Development, Drinking Water & Sanitation Narendra Singh Tomar declared the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi – Porbandar district – Open Defecation Free (ODF).
12) Kotak Mahindra Bank said it would acquire Bengaluru-based BSS Microfinance Pvt Ltd. The bank is paying INR 139.2 crore for the 99.49-per cent equity stake.
13) Bengaluru's Kieren Dsouza has become the first Indian to complete the Spartathlon, widely described as the "world's toughest race".
14) The Union government has appointed S.Sivakumar as a full time Member of the 21st Law Commission of India(LCI).
Chairman of 21st Law Commission: Justice B. S. Chauhan.
15) The Tripura and Vidarba Cricket Associations became the first full members of the BCCI to adopt the Lodha Committee’s recommendation.
16) Accoroding to the recent publication released by the Botanical Survey of India(BSI), Tamil Nadu accounts for the highest number flowering plants in the country.
17) The Ministry of Tourism is organizing the “5th International Buddhist Conclave (from 2nd to 6th October 2016)” in Varanasi-Sarnath in collaboration with the State Governments of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.This year’s International Buddhist Conclave is very special as ASEAN as a Guest of Honour partner and a large participation is expected from ASEAN Countries which are also major source markets for India in general and the Buddhist Heritage sites in particular.
18) The third edition of the Indian Super League(ISL) kicked off with an opening ceremony at the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, Guwahati.
ISL’s Founder Chairperson: Nita Ambani