1)World Vegetarian Day
2) International Day of Older Person(IDOP)
a) This year observe the 25th anniversary
b) Theme is: Take a Stand against Ageism.
3)National Voluntary Blood Donation Day.
4) State Bank of India Chief Arundhati Bhattacharya term has been extended till October 2017.
SBI Tagline: With you all the way, Pure banking nothing else, The nation’s bank on us.
SBI Headquarter: Mumbai
5) Somesh Sharma of Rastradoot Saptahik has been elected President of the The Indian Newspaper Society for 2016-17.
Rastradoot Saptahik is jaipur (rajasthan) newspaper.
6) R Subramania Kumar has appointed as Executive Director (ED) of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB).
IOB Tagline: Good people to grow with
IOB Headquarter: Chennai
7) Chinese currency Yuan joined the International Monetory Fund’s basket of reserve currencies.
The Yuan joins the US dollar, the euro, the yen and the British pound in IMF’s Special Drawing Rights(SDR) basket.
China Capital: Beijing
China Currency: Renminbi
China President: Xi Jinping
IMF Headquarter: Washington(DC)(USA)
IMF Head: Christine Lagarde
8) The Reserve Bank of India has set the ‘Way and Means Advances(WMA)’ limit for the central government at Rs25000 crore for the October-March period.
RBI Governor: Dr. Urjit Patel(24th)
RBI Headquarter: Mumbai
9) Mohit Kampani, the former managing director of Spencer’s Retail, will be joining Aditya Birla Retail as chief executive officer.
10) The Government has decided to raise the Employees Provident Fund ( EPF) investment in Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) from present 5% to 10%.
11) Airports Authority of India’s(AAI) Tirupati Airport has been awarded as “Best Tourist Friendly Airport” under the category for “State Annual Excellence Awards for the year 2015-16” by Andhra Pradesh Tourism.
CM of AP: Chandrababu Naidu
Capital of AP: Amravati, hyderabad
Governor of AP: E.S.L Narasimhan
12) Javelin thrower Annu Rani smashed her own national record to become the first Indian woman to cross the 60-metre mark at the 56th Open National Athletics Championships in Lucknow (UP).
13) India lifted the 4th men’s Under-18 Asia Cup hockey trophy by defeating Bangladesh in the final in Dhaka(Bangladesh).
Hardik Singh (India) was named the Man of the Match, while Pankaj Kumar Rajak (India) was named the Best Goalkeeper of the tournament.
14) Riyadh Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama has been unanimously elected as the Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI).
15) Vaishnavacharya Goswami Indirabetiji, a proponent of Sanatan Dharma known for her devotion to social causes, passed away. She was 78.
She founded Shrimad Vallabh Acharya Research Academy to spread her guru Vallabhacharyaji’s philosophy and theology and authored several books on religion and philosophy.
16) Pakistan has officially postponed the 8-nation SAARC summit 2016, after 5 countries – India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka dropped out of it.
The SAARC Summit was scheduled on November 9 and 10 in Islamabad, Pakistan.
SAARC(South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation)
SAARC HQ: Kathmandu(Nepal)SAARC 8 members(Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Maldives, Sri lanka, Bhutan, Nepal).
17) India and Japan are likely to sign a civil nuclear cooperation pact in November during PM Narendra Modi’s visit to Japan, a report stated on Saturday.
Japan has been demanding additional non-proliferation guarantees from India before exporting nuclear reactors.
18) Rajeev Sharma has taken over as the Chairman and Managing Director of state-run Power Finance Corporation (PFC).
19) RBI has approved the appointment of Parvez Ahmad as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of J&K Bank for a period of three years with effect from October 6, 2016.
20) Czech tennis player Petra Kvitova won her first WTA title this year as she beat Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia at the Wuhan Open tournament held in Wuhan(China).
21) Dehradun's Kendriya Vidyalaya FRI was on Friday awarded by PM Narendra Modi as the cleanest school in the country. The school encourages waste management and recycling and 60% of its premises has greenery.
22) Bengaluru born para climber Manikandan Kumar won the Gold Medal in IFSC Para Climbing Cup organised in the United Kingdom.